Why Work at EntropyZero
When you join the EntropyZero team, you'll be part of a small group of outstanding, talented individuals who provide our customers with the finest technical expertise and service in the industry. In return, we provide our team members with a rewarding work environment, excellent benefits package, opportunities for professional growth and support for continued learning.
- Health care benefits 100% covered
- 3% contribution to employees' 401k profit sharing plan
- End of the year profit sharing
- Option to telecommute when the situation allows
- Monthly telecom budget to cover Internet, phone, etc.
- Reimbursement for travel to client site, i.e. metro, commuter bus, parking, etc..
- Long-term disability and life insurance policies 100% paid by EntropyZero
- Continuing education and professional development classes encouraged and paid for on a case by case basis
What it’s like to work here?
Once a month we take a day off and meet-up at the Entropy headquarters in Reston to catch up as a group and play with new tools like Docker and .NET Core. In the past Entropy Days we’ve programmed robots to battle each other in a winner takes all tournament. We also have diverse passions and like to bring our latest creations into work to share with the group such as: drones and robotics, demonstrations on forging and casting aluminum, paragliding, and home brewing. If you have a passion, bring it!
.NET Software Developer (Junior to Mid-level)
We have open positions in the DC metro area for both cleared and non-cleared work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing custom software and database application capabilities
- Active participation in release and sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, and solution releases
- Analyzing project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of work, providing advice and guidance, resolving problems to meet objectives, and providing periodic performance reports
- Developing new and refining existing processes to enhance quality and productivity
- 2 – 5 years of software development experience with demonstrable experience developing web based applications
- Experience with ASP.NET and C# using Visual Studio (MVC experience is a plus)
- Experience with Agile methodologies is preferred
Senior Ruby on Rails Lead Developer
The Ruby developer will use his/her significant experience in working with the Rails framework to design, build and deliver solutions that meet or exceed our objectives. The Ruby developer will create domain and web services using Ruby on Rails and other technologies for deployment in the cloud. The Ruby developer will be responsible for defining and executing standards and practices that enable our development teams to work as quickly and effectively as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish best practices for product development using Ruby on Rails
- Working with and managing a small team
- Use and contribute to open source
- Provide architectural leadership
- Promote team skills through pairing, design/code reviews and mentoring
- Clearly understand and communicate the business objectives and customer needs to the development team
- Use TDD, pairing, design patterns and other best practices
In-depth technical and administrative understanding of the following is required:
- Ruby on Rails
- Amazon AWS including S3, CloudFront, Turk and EC2
- Thorough working knowledge databases – MySql, Postgres, SQL Server, etc.
- Deep knowledge of data management issues including storage, secure transmission and encryption and transactions
- Profound understanding of design patterns in Ruby